1. Neck. Measure around the base of the neck.
2. Chest/ Bust. Measure around the fullest part of your chest. Keep tape up under the arms, across the shoulder blades.
3. Sleeve. Measure from the nape of the neck, over the shoulder to the wrist bone, to the desired length. If you have a similar shirt you like, lay it flat and measure from collar seam to cuff. For outerwear, measure sleeve from collar to wrist.
4. Waist. Measure around waist, two fingers below belly button. Measure over shirt, but not over slacks or belt.
5. Hip. Measure at the fullest part of hips. Make sure tape is comfortable and not too tight.
6. Inseam. Measure from the crotch along leg inseam to desired length. Wear the shoes intended to be worn with the pants. If you have a similar pair of well-fitting pants, lay them flat, measure along the inseam from crotch to bottom of hem.